Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Love to Laugh - Loud & Long & Clear





My dreams of being a newscaster were fulfilled this weekend. Unfortunately, as evidenced by this video, it is not my true calling in life.

But, man did I have fun doing it.

My friend Eric and I went to the Newseum this weekend; it's a new museum downtown dedicated to news. It was amazing. The grand opening of the museum isn't until April 11th, but Saturday was friends and and family day, and thanks to my friend Doan, we were able to see the whole museum for free (it's going to cost $20 for admission once it opens to the public). There were some great exhibits, but we definitely had the most fun at the "Become a TV Reporter" section.

I laughed harder while watching this video than I have in a long long time. Kristy and Beau also got the chance to be at TV reporter and we've spent a good part of our Sunday evening watching our videos and being thoroughly entertained. There's nothing better than a good long laugh with friends. I love Sundays.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

That is really funny! The Newseum sounds like a lot of fun!

Rebecca Banner said...

That is so cool! I thought everything in DC was free!!!! Eeek! Good thing you got in while you could. There is a hockey player named Doan who plays for the Coyotes.

Anonymous said...

That video. Is. Simply amazing. Good. Work April. I couldn't have. Done. A better. Job. Back to. You.

Melanie said...

Who says you can't have a career in reporting? With a little practice, you'd be great! Sounds like an interesting museum, but $20 entrance fee? With so much else that's free in DC I would really have to want to go in order to pay for it.

Sarah Jayne said...

Oh that was seriously hilarious! Can someone say, "Speed up the telepromptor!!!" I wanna try!

Tara said...

That was so funny...What a fun museum...You looked great reporting that news.