Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Popcorn Popping

Favorite salty snack: Popcorn *

I could eat it most all the time**

Today at work, I mentioned I was hungry. My coworker said, "There's microwave popcorn in the kitchen." She's only worked here for a month and already she knows me well. She graciously agreed to share it with me since I can't justify making a bag just for myself.

While digging through the bowl, as I'm prone to do, to find the half popped kernals, I remembered something my good friend Micah told me awhile back...something about someone selling only the half popped kernals.

I turned to my favorite search engine***, and sure enough in .30 seconds, I found what I was looking for; popnots!!!

Unfourtunately, their website is being upgraded and I cannot currently purchase online, and the closest store is in Scranton, PA. Looks like it's time for a road trip to the home of my favorite show. ****

http://www.popnots.com/

* Not exclusive and subject to change upon any given day, mood or time of the month.

** Not recommended while blogging.

*** Google

**** The Office

7 comments:

Melanie said...

So you're saying that the half-popped kernels are your favorite? Interesting. I'll eat them (when I do eat popcorn which is pretty infrequently), but the nice, fluffy, fully-popped, non-burned kernels are my favorite.

Nikki said...

MY favorite salty snack is also popcorn and my favorite show is the office which will be sporting new episodes next thursday.

April said...

Yes, it's true...I love them, although I love the fluffy stuff too. And Nikki - we're so alike, it's almost as if we are sisters.

Anonymous said...

Road trip? Half-popped kernels? I'm so in.

Rebecca Banner said...

One of my favorite snack recipes:

1 bag of popped popcorn
3/4 cup white chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons shortening

Mix the morsels with shortening and microwave until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn and let sit until hard. (the fridge speeds this process up to about 10 minutes). Enjoy!

Rebecca Banner said...

Fishers has these you know. Your mom could send you a care package!!!!!!!

April said...

Oh awesome!! I will definitely have to get her to send me a care package. Fishers...they never let you down :)