Thursday, March 20, 2008

It Might As Well Be Spring

I think I've just discovered the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Trader Joe's Cilantro Salad Dressing.

Salad dressings are very hit and miss with me, more often than not a miss. So, usually I stick to the ones I know and love. Let's face it - at $3.00 plus a bottle, that's a pretty big risk to take if you're only going to use it once. But, I eat a salad almost every day for lunch, and sometimes, my old favorites are, well - boring.

Last night on a quick trip to Trader Joe's, I spotted the cilantro dressing and since I love cilantro, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was right. This stuff is good! It is almost reminiscent of Cafe Rio's creamy tomatillo dressing, and by almost I mean slightly. But, it's the closest I can get being 2000 miles away. So I'll take it.

Another great thing about this dressing is its low caloric count - just 45 calories per serving (2 TBSP), even though it is creamy. It has no high fructose corn syrup and only 1 gram of sugar. That is very hard to find in a salad dressing - trust me, I've looked!

Better go get yourself a bottle today.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

yummm. I love cilantro. I think I will buy myself a bottle!

Rebecca Banner said...

We LOVE trader joes!!!! Wish we had one closer than an hour away. We get up that way tho in the winter during hockey season with all the traveling we do. Ironic you posted this b/c one of my posts coming real soon is my homemade vinaigrette that we love. Look for it soon!