Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And Give Good Cheer of the Season

The magic of Christmas (and Christmas break)
Here's what made mine so great.

Making our family's traditional homemade raviolis with my mom and sisters. Chad and I running our own little "reindeer trot" in preparation to eat a lot of raviolis. Talking to Tod serving faithfully in Arizona. Hitting all the major after-Christmas sales. Aunt Jackie's lifesaver books and rice krispy treats. My nephew Ammon telling me he was going to marry me. Santa wrapped our bananas and oranges. Singing our favorite Christmas songs on Christmas Eve. Cozying up in my parent's bed with my sisters for nightly reading (and falling in love with Jane Eyre all over again). Singing It Doesn't Snow in L.A. with Chad.   Opening gifts with Grandma Carmel at the nursing home. My Christmas present to LeBron - new brake pads and rear drums. Kicking bum in Monopoly, building hotels on 3 different corners and forcing everyone into bankruptcy. Gingerbread spice tea. Sharing the Dom Deluise cookbook. Sunday night with Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Larry and three gallons of ice cream. Christmas day karaoke and dance party with the children. Rook. Catching up on Friday Night Lights. A trip to Malvern and an amazing cream cheese pumpkin roll. A new favorite blanket. Watching and quoting To Grandmother's House We Go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fantastic.

The World of Abbie said...

That movie is so funny!!
"There's still some meat on there"
haha