Sunday, December 28, 2008

May Be a Hundred Different Things

The phone rang and my dad picked it up. It was my brother in-law, Art. He was looking for my sister as he hadn't been able to get ahold of her. 


"Let me ask April," I hear my dad say. "Do you know what your sister was up to tonight?"

"Well, she was making the kids pancakes for dinner and then she was going to put them to bed early and probably do some laundry while watching A Very Brady Christmas," I told him.

"She wasn't going anywhere," my dad told Art.

The difference between men and women....

It's in the details!

3 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

too funny!!! Art told me he called you guys trying to get a hold of me...yes this is very true!

The World of Abbie said...

O my gosh!! That was funny!! Dad just shortened your very discriptive sentance

Jean Allen said...

Amen!