Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tradition....Tradition!

Number 17 on my list of "26 things to do while 26" was to learn how to make homemade raviolis. My mother is full italian and every year her mom, Grandma Carmel to me, made homemade raviolis for Christmas Eve dinner. They are ridiculously good and I have always wanted to learn how to make them as it is a tradition too tasty to lose. For the past few Christmases, Grandma Carmel has been too sick and we have opted for the frozen variety, a poor substitute if you ask me. So this year, to stick with my goals and also to bring back that loving Christmas dinner, my mom and my sisters and I made the raviolis.


It was a very fun day. Mom knew how to make them, though it had been years since she had actually done it. Amy had once spent a day making them with Grandma and the rest of us were clueless. It must be our italian blood, because as it turned out, we were naturals.  They turned out delicious and I'm so excited to continue this tradition with my mom and my sisters.

Here's a little peak at the process. 

6 comments:

Joseph said...

That looked like a lot of fun.

Amanda Petersen said...

hey!! we made homemade ravioli last night!! :)

The Cartwright Family! said...

thats soo great
sorry i never emailed those pics glad you got it anyway!
Amy

Nikki said...

we should have our own cooking show!

Anonymous said...

Let's have a cooking night!

klu said...

Love the music! She sure would be proud of you guys. Looks like fun.
Aunt Kathy and Alexandra