Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Play You Like a Record

Reason I love the Summertime #62: Summer Concerts


I know it's not quite summer, but I've already got a head start on my concert going, and I have quite a few more scheduled in the upcoming months.

A few weeks ago, I went to the "Music Inspires Health" tour, featuring April Smith, Ari Hest & Ingrid Michaelson - all amazing artists. I was blown away at their talent and have been singing their songs in my head ever since. It was a really fun show and afterwards we stuck around and got to meet all of them. It was very relaxed and fun and I am happy to have new music playing in my head.      

Me with April Smith

  
The gang in Charlottesville               


Feist

Last weekend I took a last minute trip to Charlottesville with a group of good friends to see the Feist concert. They had been planning on going since Easter, however I regretedly did not buy a ticket. At the last minute, Brittany wasn't able to attend and so I bought her ticket. I am glad I did. Charlottesville is about a 2 hour drive, but that made it even better because it felt like a mini-vacation. Nikki even rented a mini-van so we could all drive down in the same car (very good choice Nikki). It poured on the drive down, but it was a beautiful drive and even better to spend the time with some great friends. Road trips are by far my favorite. You always make great memories that would never have occurred otherwise.

Like having Micah ask for tots at the drive thru of Taco Bell and Wendy's. Turns out they don't have them, which was a bummer because he and Kristy sure do love those tots.

Or Claire, making goofy faces in every single picture that was taken.

Or having an amazing car ride karaoke session to the music of Hairspray.

Or learning that Heather makes THE best peanut butter bars. Ever.

Yes, road trips are incredible. 

And Feist was amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO MUCH FUN! We have some unforgettable quotes from that road trip-- one's that don't belong on the internet. Because they're so special. Right.

April said...

You're so right Micah. Some of those quotes I will just hold dear in my memory forever and ever :)