Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Best Part of Waking Up

You know it's going to be a long day when you arrive to work and the Starbucks machine is out of order. Since I don't drink coffee, this really shouldn't affect me. But, within 10 minutes of arriving at the office, 5 different clients had come to let me know that the machine was not working. I of course assured them that we would have a service person here as soon as possible. If you don't already know, people are not happy when they don't get their morning coffee.

Which adds to the reasons why I'm glad I don't drink the stuff. Though I once lamented to my mom that I felt everyone in the world had a competitive edge on me because they drink coffee and other caffinated beverages. My natural energy level just can't compete with that. And in a society where I feel pressure to complete more in a day than I have hours, it sure would be nice to have an extra boost.

But the biggest temptation comes from my favorite Folgers commercials...who doesn't want to have mornings like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgdH8oAcG4

5 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

I'd start drinking coffee if Rocapella would sing to me every morning! J/k! you are funny!

Nikki said...

Is that the Rockapella as in "Do it Rockapella" from Where is the world is Carmen San Diego?

Sarah Jayne said...

Ahhh...we do love the smell, though, don't we? I do anyway!

Rebecca Banner said...

The one in the button down oxford with the goatee is mine!!!!!

I don't do mornings AT ALL. Never have. I'm a night owl. I do fine if i can get up at noon or later. My kids go to school and i go back to bed until 130 every day. I'm up til 3am tho but my body is so loving life right now on the schedule it wants to be on. I feel for you, mornings stink. :)

I also found a no caffeine no coffee bean ground fruit energy coffee like drink called Teecino. It goes in the coffee maker just like coffee. Raisin Rack has it. The vanilla nut one in the red can is really good. It may be all mental but it sure does seem to help when i have to be up in the morning. VERY tasty too. Being a convert and having had coffee, it is the closest substitute i have found and it's darn good. Have your mom send some down with the Popnots. :):)

I agree with sarah jayne, i love the smell as well.

T said...

I think that it would be terrible to be so dependent on the stuff that you're a miserable grouch if you ever don't have it!

But I admit, I would love to have a do-wop morning every morning. Scott just doesn't do that rhythm. :)