Thursday, November 20, 2008

A true Mormon mis-"conception."

Today at work a client asked me the following question:

"So, how do Mormons believe that babies are conceived?"

I'm sure I gave a confused look as I explained that Mormons believe that babies are conceived exactly the way babies are conceived. Then to make sure he understood, but without being too graphic, I added, "Physically there is only one way. We know that just like the rest of the world."

"Oh, okay."

He walked away content.

I walked away giggling. Really?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Wait . . .shouldn't there be a stork in there somewhere? I think you'd better have a talk with your mom. :)

Heather Sanders said...

Hilarious. Haven't heard that one before. But I still think you should have told him what we really believe...

The Carlsens said...

I have heard lots of weird ideas of what us Mormons believe and such BUT that one is totally new! Oh boy...

Nikki said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. That is a good one.

Joseph said...

You have to ask him what he was thinking. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Brian said...

Wait, I'm still confused....my mother told me that babies are just little miracles that God left on her doorstep. Now I don't know what to believe anymore...so much to contemplate.