Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Li La Li (Pshhh) Li La Li Li Li La Li


Step 1: Fight for the song book
Step 2: Pick the perfect song
Step 3: Belt it out
Step 4: Add a few dance moves
Step 5: Repeat

I had a great birthday party this year ... a karaoke party, an "April-oke" party as my dear friends dubbed it. Kristy and Brittany were kind enough to host it at their Georgetown crib and it was a really great party. There was a good showing of friends and a fair amount of karaoke going on. They sang HB to me, I made a perfect wish and blew out the candle on my personal cheesecake (which I didn't eat due to goal #2 on the 26 things to do this year). I was then urged to karaoke the next song on cue, which happened to be "Takin' Care of Business," but I happen to hardly know that song, so it was not my finest hour. After the main party died down, we kept rockin' into the night...literally we didn't stop til 2 am. I'm talking show tunes, S&G and kick lines to New York, NY. It was absolutely a riot and I had a blast!


A big thanks to everyone who came and especially B & K for throwing such a fab affair!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

April I know from experience that you are a GREAT karaoke-er. I wish I could have been there. Happy Birthday!

Sarah Jayne said...

There sure seem to be a lot of guys there...Hmmm ;)

I'm glad you had a good birthday. No April birthday would be complete without singing...lots of it! I'll miss singing Christmas songs with you this season...Jon can't harmonize!

Barbara Jackson said...

Bishop J can and has belted out "Taken Care of Business"!!! Happy Birthday:)

Sister J

Amanda Petersen said...

so great! CUTE hair! i miss you-- sure wish we could run into each other one of these days:)

The House That Lars Built said...

Only the best for you!