Saturday, November 1, 2008

October...but you go on

I love October. It is my favorite month. And sadly, it is now over. But it was just as good as it always is. That's why I love October.

I also love Halloween, at least most things about Halloween. I don't like haunted houses with people running after me with chain saws or 7 foot gorillas ready to pounce. You gotta wonder about people who CHOOSE to work there.

But here are the things I do love about Halloween, October, and the beginning of Fall.

pumpkins
costumes
picking apples
crisp air
football season
homemade cider
festive parties
colorful leaves

I got a headstart on celebrations at the Brick House halloween party. I used to live at the Brick House for a year and half when I first moved to DC. I loved that house so it was fun to be there remembering exact memories.

The party was fantastic. Emme and I dressed up in her old tu-tus from when she was 14. I never was a dancer, though secretly I always did want to prance around in those little outfits. The Brick House is a perfect setting and was decorated with spider webs in all the right places. They even had a photographer doing photo shoots of everyone's costume. It quickly turned into a dance party and since I love to shake it, I spent the rest of the night on the dance floor. I even played DJ for a bit (Africa and Buddy Holly...too classic to pass up).

Here are the photo highlights:


At the gas station - of all the rotten times for the credit card machine to say "see attendant." Lucky for me, he loved the tu-tu. 
My favorite stop light
The amazing hosts at the Brick House.
The photo shoot
Shakin' it
Emme is a real dancer. I am a fake dancer.

This might be my favorite picture of all time. So much for looking tough.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to add one thing to your "Great things about October list":

Hugging people in sweaters

I love giving people hugs when they're all bundled up. It's like hugging giant marshmallows.