Monday, July 21, 2008

Doin a Little East Coast Song!

One of the first cds I ever owned was "II" by Boyz II Men. I LOVED that album (I still have it actually) and I loved Boyz II Men. So imagine my excitement when I found out that the original (minus one) Boyz II Men would be performing a concert at Six Flags. One ticket into the park would get you into this show plus all the rollercoasters you could stand. I was in!!!


Definitely it fulfilled all my junior high dreams. I loved this concert. SO. MUCH. 

Saturday was the hottest day of the decade. Ask anyone and they will tell you I'm not exaggerating.  We stood dripping in the sun, waiting to get into the theater, a little disappointed because we were running late and word on the street was they had already played Motown Phillly. But as soon as we got inside I realized that this concert was not going to disappoint. They did an energetic Motown mix before taking us on a Boyz II Men rewind with all of the classics: I'll Make Love to You,  Water Runs Dry, End of the Road...just to name a few. I was loving every minute. 

So, their choreography is a little cheesy and they were singing to recorded tracks which definitely brought them back to their original decade, but seriously? I don't know why they aren't still popular. They sounded so good and put on a very entertaining show. 

And, to make the night even more fulfilling, they finished the show out with another round of Motown Philly  so we got to hear it after all and you better believe it never skipped a beat, na!

I took a lot of videos at the show, but unfortunately the sound quality decreased with each video, and the only reason I can think of is because I was running out of memory. But I'll post a couple anyway just so you can see. The first one is part of the Motown mix - please enjoy the dancing!! The second one is I'll Make Love to You. It's a little shaky because I was trying to zoom in too close and also because there was a woman in front of me who kept waving her hand in front of my camera, but you'll be able to see them wooing the crowds with their roses. And yes, that's me that says, "I am so in love right now."

It's true! 




5 comments:

Nikki said...

I seriously forgot how much I love them... I believe they make an appearance on my good vibrations cd.

The Cartwright Family! said...

so sexy!

Amanda Petersen said...

what a remarkable event! that's SO GREAT!! weren't they the best? i totally heard "motown philly" the second i started reading your blog. i maybe danced in my seat a little!

Rebecca Banner said...

Oh how fun! I love them too.

Audrey Michal said...

I get to see them in August!