Friday, July 11, 2008

And With a Little Luck

Last year I got to see Brad Paisley in concert for the first time. It was extremely spontaneous and a little miraculous that it fell into place just so.


It was Friday morning and I had a flight scheduled to fly home to Ohio that evening after work, around 8:30 pm. My sister Amy called me at work and said she had a great idea but that I would need to be a little flexible. Brad Paisley was performing at Blossom that night and they were having last minute deals on a 4 pack of tickets. 

"So, if you leave right now, we can all make it to the concert in time," she told me.

I'm not sure why I didn't tell her that was a crazy idea, probably because I do love Brad Paisley. Instead I said, "Let me see what I can do and I'll call you back."

Within 10 minutes I had called the airline and switched my flight to leave earlier at no charge (I love Southwest) and convinced my boss to let me leave the office basically right then. I grabbed my bags, headed to BWI, had no flight problems and was in Cleveland by 6. My other sister Nikki was waiting to pick me up and we headed straight to blossom. I changed from my work clothes in the back of her van and we were smooth sailing. We did hit a little traffic, causing us to miss Taylor Swift's performance, but we were ready when Brad came out playing his paisley guitar. It was a really fun concert!

Amy, Nikki and me at the concert 

I'm thinking about this because tomorrow night I get to go see Brad Paisley again, although I've had my ticket for at least 3 months. Even though it won't be spontaneous, it is going to be super fun. Chuck Wicks - my new found love - is opening, along with country's newest singer Jewel??? I don't know about that one. I will be sure to post pictures of our smokin' outfits. Really, I can't wait!

2 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

At least one of us has success traveling!!:) How fun! Don't you love spontaneity!?

Rebecca Banner said...

Wow talk about meant to be! I'm not a country music fan one bit but brad has been on Letterman many a time and i don't mind him as a country singer. One of the few!