Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Wanna Talk About Me, Wanna Talk About I

Perhaps this blog was a bad idea. It's another thing to add to my list and another thing to feel bad about when I don't get around to doing it, even though I have every intention. I have been "inactive" for over a month, and certainly not for a lack of things to write about. I will hopefully catch up on all of the fun things that I did, but for now, just to get me back in the spirit of blogging...

I've been tagged. So here's 7 things you never knew, and if you did you'd never believe, about the one and only MOI.

1. I have no feeling in my lower lip, actually just half of my lower lip (the right half to be specific, or left if you are looking at me). I had my wisdom teeth pulled last February (yay for days off work, mashed potatoes and apple juice) and despite the ever so convincing oral surgeon, the feeling has never completely returned. I'm used to it by now so it doesn't bother me...much. Unless it's cold outside and then it's really sensitive. Or sometimes I don't notice if a piece of food gets stuck there, but hey that happens to people who have full feeling and besides - at least I find out who my true friends are (You know, the ones that will tell me about that food).

2. I really love the smell of coffee. Sometimes, and I know this is wasteful, I will make a cup in the morning at work just so I can have it on my desk to smell. It smells even better with 2 hazelnut creamers. I've never tasted the stuff, and perhaps would hate it, but I now have an answer when someone asks me how I like my coffee. 2 hazelnut creamers please, oh and no sugar.

3. If you have ever lived in P-town aka Happy Valley aka the Bubble or as I like to call it Provo, UT, you may be familiar with a very large water tower in between the Provo Temple and the MTC. Once, when I was a freshman (keep in mind I was 19) I climbed this tower with my boyfriend at the time. We brought up some blankets and spent the whole night up there...simply enjoying the city lights of course!

4. Did you know that carrots are harmful to your health? Proof is that all sick people have eaten carrots. 99 % of all people who die from cancer have eaten carrots. 99 % of people that die in car accidents ate carrots within 60 days of their death. All carrot eaters born between 1900 and 1920 suffer from wrinkled skin, brittle bones and failing eyesight.*** And that is why I don't eat carrots. Besides, they taste disgusting!

5. If given the opportunity, I would totally try out for American Idol. Not because I think I'm America's next greatest pop star/hearthrob, although I think I could croon my way past the first few rounds. I simply just love to sing and I have a mini-crush on Simon Cowell. There I said it!

6. I cried when I got my first C. I was a senior in HS and it was the 3rd nine weeks of my AP English class. I was so upset and went home and bawled to my parents! Since then, I have had a complex about my reading and writing and grammar skills. I had known that math was my stronger subject, but until then I had never had the report card talk with my dad about howI could do better than a C. And since I was bawling, my dad forwent the talk anyway. Thanks dad!

7. And the final thing you didn't know about me is I am in love with....


SIKE! Like I'd ever post such classified information for the whole world wide web.


***Carrot statistics provided by The Sentinel, Guelph Wellington Seniors Association Newsletter. Volume 20, Number 9, Page 11.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ha ha love it! I didn't even know that stuff about you! Except for number 7 and I had a dream about it last night. remind me to tell you about it!!
Love ya

Tara said...

Hey...your are so funny...hope things are going well...I'll be in touch with Nikki to find out more about number 7!

T said...

I love you April! We really really need to get together! It's been way over a month (maybe 2?) and that's just too long.