Wednesday, August 13, 2008

That Kind of Music Just Soothes the Soul

My summer concert series just keeps getting better.  American Idol...on TOUR. My friend won tickets from 107.3 FM and I was lucky enough to come along. We loved it. I wasn't a faithful watcher of the show this season as last year's results left me questioning America's ability to choose the best idol (I don't know Jordin, how are you supposed to breathe with no air?).

Anyway,  I feel my limited idol knowledge made me a pretty fair judge of the performers, so here's my recap of Season 7 top 10 idol performances.

Chikezie - looked smokin' in his purple velvet blazer. Energetic and alive on stage. Always on key. Not sure why he got kicked off at number 10.

Ramiele - She was so not memorable that I had to look up her name just so I could write this. Blah!!! That's all I have to say about her.

Michael -  Loved him! Sounded amazing. Performed well. Plus he sang We are the Champions,  and it was one of the highlights of the evening.

Kristy Lee Cook - Sure, she can look good in a tight top and white pants, and that is admirable, but this is about singing and I know she didn't get to number 6 because of her singing abilities. She's probably a good person, but I'm only saying that because I feel bad saying her singing stinks.

Carly - Her 3 songs were 3 too many. Good song choice. Poor execution. And she told lame jokes.

Brooke - She's cute and she has a pretty voice, but I don't think her song choices were right for the event. Regardless, she performed them well and is very talented. I hope she has future success.  

Jason - He's folky. I like folky

Syesha - She's got style and she's good. Real good. Too bad real good leaves you in third place.

David Archuleta - It was hard to tell over the pre-pubescent screaming, but I think he really is worth all the hype. The kid can sing. His voice is beautiful. He was a little awkward on stage, but I guess that adds to his endearing nature. I really did love him. 

David Cook - Really enjoyed him. He seemed natural on stage and he has a great voice. He might try a teensy bit too hard with his rock star image. His shirt said BAD, but I have a hard time believing that...he seemed too nice to be bad. He was great.

We had a great time, but I only wish Simon Cowell would have been there. I took lots of videos and pictures, but this one is the best. The girls were seriously out of control when David Archuleta took the stage. It was amazing. 



This next video is for my sister Nikki. She loves David Cook so I took it specifically for her, but I really like this song too. David Cook was also well loved by the ladies.

2 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

i can't believe you didn't tell me you went to this show!!! you've had a good year for concerts~ my concert count this year-zilch! i'm jealous and looking forward to a better summer next year!

Nikki said...

Oh, I do love him and I love this song. Thanks for the video! I will be purchasing his album