Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kenya 2011


I'm going to Kenya.

It's a short trip, really. An opportunity to do some wonderful humanitarian work in some villages on the eastern coast of Kenya.

In September (as in a little over a month from now) I will be traveling with about 50 other volunteers to assist with building structures, providing teacher development training, medical and dental training and clinics, and economic development training. The local organization that I am involved with, Singular Humanitarian experience (SHe), is working together with CHOICE Humanitarian, a 501(c)(3) organization whose sole mission is to end poverty by focusing on sustainable development.

Over the next month, as we gather supplies and develop programs, I will be fundraising for this project. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to this great cause -- even the smallest contribution will help.

You may donate online by clicking on the following link, click on donate and then follow instructions for donating to a specific SHe volunteer (that's me!!)


Thank you so much!!!

2 comments:

Julie Uppendahl said...

I love it!!!! Yay! You are totally living life the right way!

Unknown said...

I love you and I miss you even more!!! So proud of you and the life you are living and I hope you know what an inspiration you are to the world April!!! Continue to take lots of photos and document your adventures!!! BIG HUGS, until we meet again!! You're in my thoughts and prayers girlfriend!!!