Sunday, November 8, 2009

Once upon a time I was a blogger.

Or at least I was a girl who sometimes posted on a blog.

And then one day, I became a girl who teaches.

And no longer a girl who posts on blogs.

It's not that I've forgotten, nor that I've lost my desire. 

But you see, right now I'm a girl who is very, very tired. 

And I keep waiting for my energy to return to normal levels.

In my dreams I have energy. My lessons are perfectly planned. My class assignments are done weeks in advance. I never miss a day of exercise and I always have fresh, home-cooked, healthful meals. I have extra time to read classic novels and study deep doctrinal truths, practice the piano and fiddle around with my camera. I don't forget to buy stamps for 5 consecutive days and that check on my desk actually made it to the bank. I don't fall alseep on my knees. I make it to the temple once a week. I make time for the people who matter the most and keep in good touch with all those I care about. Yes, in that dream my hair is perfectly coifed and my clothes neatly pressed and I most certainly don't have dark circles under my eyes.  

Now if only I could wake up.

6 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

Hang in there, Sister! Our dreams are so much alike! But sometimes life is better when we forget to wash the dishes or fold the laundry. So glad you found your way back to blogland. Love you.

Adam said...

April, I think I know how you feel. Sometimes my lesson plan doesn't come together until I'm on the bus headed to work.

Nathan & Bethany Soelberg said...

April ... i love you. I actually have time (one more week until I start working) and those things don't get done. sigh. constant battle.

miss you and can't wait to talk to you - soon i hope!

Nikki said...

Welcome to my life!

Heather H. said...

April, I miss you!

Kevin said...

Your dreams are the kinds of things that I find only in dream-state-Kevin's dreams. Yes, that's in the second layer of dream. Especially the part about getting things done in advance.

What's that you say? I don't have to try to hit the deadline exactly? I don't understand!