Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Am a Cereal Girl

Anyone who knows me well can attest to my love for cold cereal. It's quick, easy and tastes so good. During college I lived on the stuff. Since then, I've dropped my addiction to one daily dose of breakfast and sometimes a few bites for an after-dinner snack (no milk included).

But recently, in an ongoing effort to healthify my diet, I came to the conclusion that cold cereal is not the best option for an energizing start to my day. So, I have given it up! Farewell Raisin Bran. So long Golden Grahams. Adios Cheerios.

All week I have been eating a brand new breakfast. 1 egg, spinach and a whole-wheat, no sugar, pumpkin muffin (recipe upon request). It takes just a little more time, but it is scrumptious.

The only problem I currently see is I am no longer getting my daily requirement of milk. I rarely drink milk by the glass, not because I don't like it, but mostly because I never think of it. So now I need to find a way to incorporate milk into my diet sans cereal.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

i would like the recipe and how do you eat your spinach?? you should post the recipe on your blog!

April said...

Well, the spinach is very easy. I just but it raw and then put some in the frying pan with the egg and it cooks a little bit. It only takes like a minute. It is yummy!!! I will post that recipe.

The Cartwright Family! said...

YUMMY! I want the recipe too!

Tara said...

Spinach...your amazing if you eat that for breakfast...good for you, I wish I was as good about my diet...hope the new habbits go well!